In this article, we are going to show all settings in the "Profile" Tab and how they will be displayed or hidden on the site.
1. Select What Displays in the "Overview" Tab
Select the order of items that display in the main "Overview" tab on member profile pages:
Important Note: The "Position 6" will only be available if the Multi-Location Listing add-on is active on the site.
2. Select Member Information to Display on Profiles
1. Show Website Link: If set to YES, the member's company website link will display on their public profile.
2. Show Social Links: If set to YES, the member's social media links will display on their public profile.
3. Show Phone Number: If set to YES, the member's phone number will display on their public profile.
4. Show Street Address: If set to YES, the member's address will display on their public profile.
Please keep in mind that if it is set to NO, it will hide the location value on the member search results as well:
5. Show "Specialties" Tab: Select Yes to hide the Specialties (Sub Categories) tab that appears on member profile pages by default.
6. Show the "Click to Call" button: If set to YES, this will show the website add-on functionality.
3. Page Display Settings
1. Profile Page Sidebar: The default one is: Member Profile Page. However, a different sidebar can be added if needed. Also, the currently saved sidebar can be edited directly via the Edit Sidebar link:
2. "Make a Connection" / "Claim Listing" Banner Position: Use this setting to move the position of the Claim Listing Banner or the Connect Message (Free and Paid Memberships) in member profiles.
Below are the 3 options for this setting:
- Above Profile Photo:
- Below Profile Photo:
- Hide / Do not display: It will hide the section displayed on the 2 screenshots above.
3. Show Breadcrumbs: Enable or hide this secondary navigation system that shows a user's location on a site.
Example: Home / United States / California / Top Category / Name of the listing
4. Show "Send Message" Buttons & Forms: If set to YES, all links and contact forms to send these members a direct message will be hidden.
5. Enable Private Chat Messages: If enabled, members will receive direct chat messages which will replace the member receiving direct leads.
6. Show Banner Ads on Profile: If set to YES, any valid banner ad widgets will display on the member's public profile.
This setting in specific will be linked directly with the "Display Banner Advertisements?".
Find it under: Settings >> Design Settings >> Banner Ad Design >> Display Banner Advertisements?.
If this setting is set to "YES", banner ads will be visible on the website, and if the "Show Advertisements on Listing" is set to "YES", banner ads will be displayed in the member profiles of this specific membership plan.
Take into consideration that if the "Display Banner Advertisements?" is set to NO, any banner will be displayed on the site, regardless of the "Show Advertisements on Listing" is set to "YES".
Usually, advertisements are shown on the free profiles, and banners are hidden on the paid profiles.
7. Hide Website Header: If set to YES, this will hide the website header for this membership plan on their profile page.
Usually, owners of websites activate this setting to give their members the ability to have their profile as "their own site". However, we do not recommend setting it to "YES" because the visitor can not go back to the homepage and look for more members.
8. Hide Website Footer: If set to YES, this will hide the website footer for this membership level on their profile page.
4. Member Review Settings
1. Enable Receiving Reviews: If set to YES, the members in this Membership Plan can receive reviews on their profile pages.
2. Require All Reviews To be Approved by Admin First: If YES, admins will be required to manually approve reviews before they are published. Member will not be notified about receiving a review until the review is approved.
3. Hide Reviews Star Rating Options: Enable or disable the review star rating options.
4. Ability to Accept and Delete Reviews: Add the ability to accept and delete reviews.
If this is set to yes, members in this specific membership level will be able to accept and delete reviews.
5. Member Can Reply Reviews: If YES, these members can write public replies to the individual reviews they receive.
We recommend activating this option in paid memberships.
6. Allow Image Uploads With Reviews: If set to YES, for the website's protection only logged-in users will be allowed to add images.
5. Membership Plan Badges
1. Profile Page Badge: This badge will appear at the top right of the member profile.
If the "Member Profile Badges” Add-On was purchased or the site has the VIP Add-Ons installed, then this option will appear at the bottom of the general tab (See the first image above) to upload the badge.
2. Search Results Badge: This badge will appear in all search results when a member is listed in that specific membership plan.
If the "Member Profile Badges” Add-On was purchased or the site has the VIP Add-Ons installed, then this option will appear at the bottom (See the first image) to upload the badge.
3. Member Dashboard Badge: This badge will appear in the member dashboard.
The idea of this badge is that members copy and paste the code (shown in the image below) into their website's source code. This will help them to attract more clients.
For additional questions or help setting this up, please submit a ticket to [email protected] or create a ticket HERE.