Post Images: Importing Posts With Photos
Importing posts can be a bit of a tricky process due to the fact that all of the data entered must be simple, clean text (no formatting, line breaks, or other things that can break a CSV file), and the data must all be in the proper columns in order to import properly. This includes the links for the images that will be uploaded with the file.
More information on how to import posts and example import files can be found in the article below:
>> How To Import Posts Via CSV File
These post images can be uploaded to the Media Manager in order to guarantee a successful upload. For in-depth information about the Media Manager check out this link: >> Media Manager Folder <<
Once the images are uploaded to the Media Manager, their URL can be grabbed by clicking on the Copy URL option:
The images can also be hosted on external platforms, however, this tool is meant to help in migrating a site from one platform to another, not to copy images from a 3rd party source without their consent.
Please follow these steps to import all of the images to the members that were just imported:
- Navigate to My Members >> Member Images >> Post Images tab:
** Important Note: This tab will only display if the system identifies recently imported images through the member or post import template. **
- Choose an appropriate number of posts to import the images of at a time in the dropdown:
Importing and resizing photos is an extremely resource-intensive activity for a server, so at the time, 500 images are the maximum that can be imported/resized at a time.
- Click on "Update Results":
- Use the Bulk Actions to select all of the posts, then select "Fetch from Source and Resize Photos" from the dropdown menu:
- Click the "Apply Action" button. There will be a notification that the images are being processed:
- Do not close the window or navigate away from the page during this process.
- Repeat the steps above for each page until all images have been fetched and resized.
Difference Between Importing Single Image Post Images and Multi-Image Post Images
As we know until now, there are two types of post types; Single Image Posts (Articles, Blogs, Job Listings, etc.) and Multi-Image Posts (Classifieds, Properties, Products, etc.).
When importing single-image post types or multi-image post types, the variable to be used in the CSV file is the same, which is post_image.
While importing multi-image post type, however, all the images that will be imported into a post can be listed in a comma-separated format within the same row. An example of this can be seen below: