There are many benefits to securing the website with an SSL Certificate / HTTPS:
- All payment pages can use the website domain name, rather than the default secured "securemypayment.com" domain name that processes payments by default
- Increased confidence from the site's member's and visitors
- Potentially higher rankings from Google and other search engines (more information about Google's use of HTTPS as a ranking signal here)
- Overall increased security for all non-billing information submitted on the site (all billing information is already secured by SSL / HTTPS by default for all sites)
How To Get This Add-On
Enabling the Add-On
1. Go to Settings - Domain Manager:
2. Click on "Install SSL Security" to start installing the SSL certificate:
It will open a pop-up, please make sure to select Yes, Continue!
After clicking on "Yes, Continue" the process will begin. This could take up to 60 seconds, once the process is done, the following notification shows up:
If the domain hasn't been pointed, please follow this link below to learn how to do this:
If the SSL has been installed on the website, the button will be blue and it will say "SSL Certificate Enabled":
Important: The HTACCESS File will be reset in order to complete this process. Please be sure to have a backup of any custom code added here.
For more information, feel free to submit a ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org.