The One-Click Facebook Login add-on gives the users the ability to easily register and log in to the website using their existing Facebook account.
This seamlessly integrates with the default login and registration system. The existing users can add or remove their linked Facebook account at any time from within their member dashboard on the website.
How To Get This Add-On
- Websites with the VIP Add-Ons Club automatically have this add-on available:
Join The VIP Add-Ons Club
- Purchase Individually: One-Click Facebook Login Add-On
Enabling the Add-On
REQUIREMENT: Make sure to have the SSL installed on the website, otherwise the Facebook Login is not going to work.
Before the admin is able to use this great tool on the website, first create a Developer's account on Facebook. Please follow these steps in order to continue. Make sure to visit this link to get started:
1. Make sure to be logged in to a Facebook account, otherwise, it will ask to create an account.
2. Once logged in please click on Go to Docs:
3. Go to the App section of Facebook for Developers:
4. Click on create an app:
5. In the next pop up please select Consumer, scroll down anc click Next:
6. Provide details about the app being created and click on Create App:
7. After the app has been created, it will be redirected to a new page. From there please make sure to click on Facebook Login set up:
8. In the next screen please click on Quickstart on teh left sidebar, then click on the Web option.
9. Add the URL of the website here and click Save.
10. Next go to Settings > Basics to add the website's information:
11. In the Settings > Basic section the App ID and the App secret key can be found in the top section.
12. Scroll down, and make sure to complete the Data Protection Officer Contact Information if it applies to the website and save these changes.
13. Once those steps are completed, please go to App Review - Permissions and Features.
Look for the public_profile and email and Request Advanced Access for these two.
14. Confirm the advanced access for both email and public_profile :
13. Then go back to Settings - Basic and copy the App ID and App Secret ID:
14. Go to the General Settings and click on the Integrations tab.
Paste the App ID in the Facebook App ID field (1) and the App Secret ID in the Facebook App Secret ID (2) :
NOTE: The Facebook App Secret ID is now required by Facebook for data deletion request callback.
The admin also has the option to Enable the Facebook Login per membership plan.
These next steps are to activate the Facebook Login per plan:
1. Once the setup has been completed, the admin will need to go to Finance - Membership Plans and edit the plan that will have the Facebook Login option enabled:
2. Click on Member's Dashboard Tab and make sure this is set to YES:
3. Make sure to Save.
Once this is set to Yes the login form will contain this option:
If it's set to No, they will not have the ability to use the Facebook login but they will be able to use their Facebook account to sign up.
Also, if there isn't a key in the field, this option will never show up on the login form.
For additional questions or help setting this up, please submit a ticket to [email protected] or create a ticket HERE.