With the Featured Blog Article Slider add-on it is now possible to hand-select five featured articles to display permanently on a slider on the homepage.
This feature is intended to work with the website blog as it is important for the administrator of the website to be able to control which articles will be displayed within the slider.
How To Get This Add-On
- Websites with the VIP Add-Ons Club automatically have this add-on available:
Join The VIP Add-Ons Club
- Purchase Individually: Featured Blog Article Slider Add-On
Enabling the Add-On
To select an article to be featured on the slider please follow these steps:
- Login as the admin blog writer
- Select the article the admin would like to make "featured" and click on "edit":
- Select "Yes" for Featured on Homepage:
Click on "Save Changes"
The author will be able to sort their blogs by "Featured (First)" just in case they might have dozens of other blog articles.
How To Select Where The Featured Blog Slider Displays On The Homepage
To position the slider on the homepage please follow these steps:
- Go to Settings - Design Settings and click on the Homepage
- Go to Select Content to Display and select "Streaming Featured Blog Article Slider" in the section the admin would like them to appear.
- Click on "Save Changes"
How Is The Order Of Articles Determined? How Do I Change The Colors?
The order of articles is set by publish date. There is a five article limit. This means that should the admin set six articles as "Featured", only the five most recent articles will display.
In the Select Content to Display the admin will be able to find additional settings for this add-on:
The admin can choose which feature to link this add-on to, we would highly suggest not changing this option unless there's custom work involved:
The admin can as well choose the design colors of this streaming widget:
The admin can also select where to display the article's position in the widget:
To purchase the Featured Blog Article Slider Add-On please visit the add-on's detail page HERE.
The admin can also use this add-on with other post types such as member articles, coupons, jobs and events.
If there's interest in connecting this slider with any of these post types, please follow the steps of the article below:
Using The Featured Blog Article Slider With Other Post Types.