How to set up a subdomain
- Login to cPanel by clicking on the cPanel link in the top of the Admin area or by navigating to Deverloper Hub :
- Create a new subdomain (EG blog.mywebsite.com) by clicking on the "DNS Zone Editor" link in cPanel and following the instructions found in the cPanel documentation
- Point the CNAME record of the new subdomain to the alternate platform you will be hosting the sub-domain on. For example, domains.samplehosting.com
- Login to cPanel as shown above
- Click on "Advanced Zone Editor"
- Click "+Cname"
- Name should be the subdomain, and the CNAME should be where this subdomain is pointing to.
Once this has been completed, your subdomain is live and pointed to the new hosting company.
How do I know if I set up my domain properly?
After re-configuring the domain, please wait up to 72 hours for the changes to take effect.
Please submit a ticket to [email protected] for further questions related to this process.