The built-in email system is designed for emailing active members of your site whom have requested to receive emails from the site. When using the default Brilliant Directories Sendgrid account, the newsletter stats are automatically tracked and recorded within the system:
We also have the built in functionality for adding personal Sendgrid credentials to your site. Below is more information if you are interested in setting up personal credentials:
If you have your own credentials, log into the Sendgrid account for detailed reporting on your Sendgrid activity.
However, it is possible to update settings inside the Sendgrid account so that our system will track the results.
1. Login to Sendgrid and select "Settings":
2. Within the Settings >> Mail Settings, click on "Event Webhook":
3. Clicking on the Pencil icon will open the Event Webhook settings, 3 items need to be setup:
- Add the HTTP Post URL: https://www.managemydirectory.com/admin/smtpWeb.php (copy and paste this)
- Select any additional Actions you would like to include for your reports. We recommend using the ones shown above. If other Actions are added, they will be tracked within the BD system.
- ENABLE the events.
** Keep in mind, if other Events are enabled be sure to reach out to Sendgrid support for any questions about those actions. **
4. Now the "Tracking" needs to be enabled:
5. "Click Tracking" and "Open Tracking" are the two settings that need to be enabled:
- Click Tracking - will track/capture all clicks for any links added to the body of the email newsletters.
- Open Tracking - will track every time the email has been opened by the newsletter subscriber.
6. Now I will go in and test my new setup. I enabled the Click Tracking:
** Please allow time for all of the correct Statistics to populate. It won't happen immediately. **
** Important Note: When enabling your own credentials, even though there is No Limit to the number of emails that can be sent out in a day, there is a limit within the system that will not allow for more than 5,000 emails to be sent out per batch. This means, that you can send out 10 batches containing no more than 5,000 emails per campaign. **