To upload a file to your site’s root (EG: http://www.YourDomain.com/uploaded-file-name), please do the following:
You can add images to web pages by following these directions:
1. Log in to your Admin portal.
2. Go to Settings -> File Manager
3. Click on the "Images Folder":
4. Click on "Upload"
5. Click on "Choose File"
6. Select the image you wish to upload.
7. Wait until you receive the confirmation message:
8. Click on shortcut link to go back to the images folder:
9. Copy the name of the image. Make sure there are no spaces or symbols in the name. If there are, you can rename it by right clicking on your mouse.
10. Insert the name of the image after the images/ in this code:
It should look like this:
11. Paste that code in the source code of whichever page you which to add the image:
To find the source code click on this icon:
Paste the image code wherever you would like it to display on your page:
12. Click save.
You may need to refresh your web browser to see the newly replaced image on your website. You can repeat this process to override any existing images on your directory.
To upload a file to a subdirectory in your site (EG: http://www.YourDomain.com/images/uploaded-file-name) please do the following:
- Login to the Admin area of your site
- Navigate to Toolbox -> File Manager
- Click on the folder you wish to upload the file to (EG: images). This will open the folder on your site. To create a new folder, click on “+ Folder” button, enter the name of the directory you wish to create, and click “Create New Folder”)
- Click on “Upload”
- Click on “Choose File” or “Browse” (could be different depending on what browser you are using)
- Choose the file on your hard drive you wish to upload
- Click “Open” and the file will now be uploaded automatically
- Once the upload is complete, click on the "Back to..." link on the bottom of the screen, or simply close the browser tab you were using to upload the file in order to return to the File Manager
- The file will now be accessible at http://www.YourDomain.com/directory-name/uploaded-file-name
For example, if my site is "http://www.site.com" and I uploaded a file called "image.jpg" to the "images" folder following the instructions above, I can then access that file by navigating to the URL "http://www.site.com/images/image.jpg"
For more information about the File Manager tool, please see the full documentation of the cPanel File Manager