This article assumes that you already have existing Top Level and Sub Level categories added to your site. For details on adding Top and Sub Level categories to your site, please see Quick Launch Video 3 - How To Setup Member Categories.
If you would like more in-depth information about setting up categories, please see the article All About Member Categories.
If you are looking for the most efficient way to add a complete member category structure all at once, please see this article on how to import a category structure via CSV file.
If you already have existing Top Level and Sub Level categories, please follow these steps to add Sub-Sub Level Categories (3rd tier categories) to your category structure:
- Login to the Admin area of your site
- Navigate to Toolbox >> Sub Categories in the side navigation menu
- Click the “Add Sub-Level Categories” button
- On the left side of the screen, check to box next to the Top Level Category the Sub-Sub Level categories will be added under
- Once the Top Level Category has been selected, a dropdown menu appears called Parent category. This is a list of all of the Sub Level Categories under the checked Top Level Category. Choose the Sub Level Category from this dropdown that you would like to add the Sub-Sub Level categories to.
- Enter the Sub-Sub Level Categories you would like to add in the area on the right hand side of the screen called “Step 2: Enter 1 new sub-category per line”
- Click the “Save New Sub-Level Categories” button
- Repeat the above steps for all of the Sub-Sub Level Categories you would like to add to your site