What is a widget?
A widget is a piece of code that adds different functionality to your site. By creating a widget once, we are able to place this widget in multiple areas of your site by simply placing the widget.
How to place a widget on a static page of your site:
- Login to the Admin area of your site
- Navigate to Toolbox -> Widget Manager in the main top navigation
- Note the exact name of the widget you would like to add, EG “Slider”
- Navigate to the page you wish to add the widget to in the content editor (Content -> Add/Edit Webpages and click on “Edit” next to the page you wish to edit)
- Add the Widget to the content of the page using the following formula: [widget=Name of Widget]
Example: to add the slider widget, you would enter: [widget=Slider]
- Adding this Widget code to the content of your page will insert the contents of the widget to the page wherever you placed the Widget code on the page
if you want the Widget to appear on a specific place on the page (Before or After another widget or element on the Page) some recommendations to follow are:
- If it needs to be before another Widget, open this other widget and put the [widget=Name of Widget] before all the code from said widget. If it needs to be after, then put the [widget=Name of Widget] after all of the code. So for example if you want to put the code before the Main Menu widget, then open the Main Menu widget and put the code on the first line of that widget. If you wish to put it after, then put it at the end.
- You can use the page content to position the new widget before or after either a widget or content on the page.
- You can wrap the widget code around HTML elements so it knows where it belongs on the content of the page.