The forms that members fill out when they sign up for your site are completely customizable. You have the ability to add fields, remove fields, and change the labels on fields that the members on your site fill out.
This is done by editing the forms that are used to input and display this data. Here are the names of the forms that are used when a member fills out their profile information:
- Listing - Contact - The form that is used for the “Contact Details” tab in the Member Dashboard.
Listing - Details - The form used for the “Listing Details” tab in the Member Dashboard
- Listing - About - The form used for the "About" tab in the Member Dashboard
To edit the fields that are shown in these forms, please follow these steps:
- Login to the Admin area of your site
- Navigate to Toolbox >> Form Manager in the side navigation menu
- Click on the name of the form in the left sidebar
To edit a Field Label (the text that displays next to the field on the form when a member inputs their information and the text that displays on the live profile next to the data that was entered), follow these steps:
Scroll down until you find the field you would like to edit / delete
Make your desired changes to the "Field Label" column for that field
Click the "Save Changes" button
To delete a field completely, follow these steps:
- Locate the field you would like to delete in the list
- Click on the red "Delete" button on the far right hand side of that field"s box
To add a new field, follow these steps:
- Click on the “Add New Field” button
- Enter text into the Field Label column
- Add a Variable Name to the Variable Name column. This must be a unique name that is not used by any other variables in the other forms. The Variable Name should only have lowercase letters and underscores, no other characters.
- Select a Field Type from the Field Type dropdown menu
- (Optional) Enter a long description in the “Long Desc” field. This would be a sentence or two describing what kind of content should be entered into the field and will display on the form when the member is entering their data.
- (Optional / Advanced) Enter a Div Class into the Div Class field. This is used to assign a CSS class to the <div> of the form element. Unless you are sure of what you are doing, please leave this blank.
- (Optional / Advanced) Enter a Div ID into the Div ID field. This is used to assign a CSS ID to the <div> of the form element. Unless you are sure of what you are doing, please leave this blank.
- Set the “Required” field to “Y” if this field should be required, or enter “N” if it is not required. The default setting is “N”.
- Set “Display” to “Y” if you would like the information entered into this field to be displayed on the live profile page, or set it to “N” to hide it from the live profile page. This is useful for information you want to display when a member is filling out their profile, but not on the live profile itself (EG: Section Breaks, Lighbulb tips, Save buttons, etc)
- (Optional / Advanced) To see even more options for the field, click on the “Edit” button for the field.
- Once you have completed the above, click on the “Save Changes” button to save the new field to the form
- Find the field in the form and click and drag it to the appropriate order you would like it to display within the form