Start a new topic
Answered

What is the CSS code to reduce the size of the home page?

Hi,

Since i've updated my directory from the old to the new bootstap one, HomePage of directory seems to be too large. It is as if it's been zoomed upon.

1) Old directory - http://directory.marveloils.com

2) New directory - http://ahmedbootstrap33.startadirectory.com

Could you please send me the required CSS code for each widget (See attached file) so that we can get it looking like the old version.

Thanks a lot

Ahmed

png

Best Answer

Hi Ahmed, the reason for this is that in the old site, the size were fixed with extra CSS code. On the new site, they are flexible and responsive. A quick way of noticing this is simply by resizing the browser window, seeing the site on a tabler or a smartphone or testing with a responsive site test. Additionally the new site will always get about 15 to 35 points more in GTMatrix, Google Webmaster Ranking Test and Yahoo Yslow test because of this.

Now, if you still wish to do that, I would suggest going to each site's backend and clicking on the "Visit Website" option on the top right corner. If you do this, you will see your homepage again, but this time, you will have a sidebar on the homepage. One of the options is to "Show widgets". This will make the name of the widgets available for you for each part that you feel is not correct. By clicking on them you can customize the widget and simply copy the CSS code from one site to the other for that specific widget.

This of course will create SEO lower score and other Ranking related effects when Google and other SEO sites check it out.

1 Comment

Answer

Hi Ahmed, the reason for this is that in the old site, the size were fixed with extra CSS code. On the new site, they are flexible and responsive. A quick way of noticing this is simply by resizing the browser window, seeing the site on a tabler or a smartphone or testing with a responsive site test. Additionally the new site will always get about 15 to 35 points more in GTMatrix, Google Webmaster Ranking Test and Yahoo Yslow test because of this.

Now, if you still wish to do that, I would suggest going to each site's backend and clicking on the "Visit Website" option on the top right corner. If you do this, you will see your homepage again, but this time, you will have a sidebar on the homepage. One of the options is to "Show widgets". This will make the name of the widgets available for you for each part that you feel is not correct. By clicking on them you can customize the widget and simply copy the CSS code from one site to the other for that specific widget.

This of course will create SEO lower score and other Ranking related effects when Google and other SEO sites check it out.