Start a new topic
Answered

Google AdWords

I've been speaking with Google AdWords about setting up a campaign for my business. They have asked what platform the website is on as they need to give me a Google Remarketing Code which I need to embed on into the backend of the website. This is so Google can track where users are coming from and when they are directing to my website.

Please could you help me with this? Is there a specific section for pasting the remarking code (i.e. similar to the field that exists for embedding the Google Analytics code)?

Thanks for your help!

Best Answer
Yes, since you would want the code to appear on ALL pages, I highly suggest pasting the code in your Bootstrap Theme - Footer - Scripts widget, Bootstrap Theme - Header widget or even in the Bootstrap Theme Framework widget. All of this widgets are used in all pages, so you would have full implementation on all pages if used in any of this.

Hi Abigail, for this case, it would be a "Custom Site". They normally ask this because they already have packages ready for different CMS (eg: Wordpress, Joomla, Magento, etc..). For Brilliant Directories, it would be a "Custom Site" case.

Thanks Luis.  And is there somewhere specific where the remarketing code can be added?  The Google Ads team are calling me tomorrow to give me the code but I won't know where to embed it...

Answer
Yes, since you would want the code to appear on ALL pages, I highly suggest pasting the code in your Bootstrap Theme - Footer - Scripts widget, Bootstrap Theme - Header widget or even in the Bootstrap Theme Framework widget. All of this widgets are used in all pages, so you would have full implementation on all pages if used in any of this.

1 person likes this

Thanks Luis! I think I've set this all up now :)