Start a new topic
Answered

Search Results - sort by category in dropdown

What would we need to add to the Bootstrap Theme - Member Results - Sorting Options widget code in order to add a dropdown option for sorting search results by Category?

We're interested in sorting by 'this category first' or even 'this category only'.

Thanks for your help!

Best Answer

Hi Luis,

I've opened a ticket on this for resolution.

- Sean

Hi Sean, I just saw the code in that widget but to be able to help you better, could you please provide more information on what categories you are talking about and an idea on how it would look when implemented. This can help me a lot in how to answer this question better which I find interesting. Thank you friend.

Hi Luis,

For example, if our directory had two types of resorts: "All Inclusive" and "Standard", we'd like to be able to allow people to sort their search results (using the drop-down menu, as shown in the attached screenshot) based on resort type.

So, either "Show All-Inclusive First" or "Show Only All-Inclusive".

We tried adding this to the code, with no luck:

<option value="services ASC" <? if ($_GET[sort] == "services ASC") { ?>selected<? } ?>>Show All-Inclusive First</option>

- Sean

jpg
(10.6 KB)

Hi, Sean, I was looking at your site, but there are no services, just the 2 professions. So when you say categories, do you mean this 2 or something else. Also in relation to the All-Inclusive and All-Inclusive First, how would they show the members, are this in relation to the 2 professions mentioned or something else. Just want to know this so I can give you a correct answer.

Was kind of trying to keep it generic (quiet), since we haven't launched yet. But yes, those are the two categories.

Edited for reasons mentioned. Will proceed on trying to update your site and will let you know as soon as it is possible.

Hi Luis,

Just circling back for an update on this item. I'm not sure if it's clear what I'm trying to do, so let me know if you need further explanation. I don't mind showing you some screenshots publicly at this point as we're close enough to launch anyway.

Hi Sean, sorry about being late. I tried adding this directly to the widget in several ways. At the end, this is going to need to be send to the Market Place to have that implemented in the correct way. The ways I managed created other issues so everything was put back to the way it was for this case.

Answer

Hi Luis,

I've opened a ticket on this for resolution.

- Sean