Start a new topic
Answered

Use Slide Show without Search box, and still scale (for Paid Ads)

Hello,

On my home page, I want to use the Main Image as a slide show, with first image being our Main Image, and subsequent slides being Paid Advertising, or directing to products or events we are featuring in our blog.

Which means I do not want the search box or title on the home page.  That was easily taken off in the settings.  And the Slider feature was easily enabled.

Problem, at first, the Hero Bar covered the pics.  (Sorry I don't have a pic of this anymore.)  So support changed the height of the pic to a fixed height.  That fixed it for how it shows on my computer screen.

Problem now, the picture doesn't scale at all for the cell phones.

Is there a way to make this work?  I can use any width/height for the background image, and sold area to make it work.

jpg

Best Answer

Hi Michael, for this changes, I would recommend filing this as a customization request in the Market Place. Some of the recommended changes that might help could be:

+ Using container-fluid class to make elements adapt to a responsive design.

+ Changing any and all fixed values (height, width) to percent based ones (eg: Changing a 650px to 100% where it applies).

+ Adding display and position css properties where percent based changes give issues.

With this you might be able to get what you need. Maybe there is more that would need to be done, but like I said, going to the Market Place would be a better choice.

1 Comment

Answer

Hi Michael, for this changes, I would recommend filing this as a customization request in the Market Place. Some of the recommended changes that might help could be:

+ Using container-fluid class to make elements adapt to a responsive design.

+ Changing any and all fixed values (height, width) to percent based ones (eg: Changing a 650px to 100% where it applies).

+ Adding display and position css properties where percent based changes give issues.

With this you might be able to get what you need. Maybe there is more that would need to be done, but like I said, going to the Market Place would be a better choice.

1 person likes this