Start a new topic
Answered

BootStrap: How to add additional information to the search results that show only for specific membership levels

Is this documentation still relevant for bootstrap

http://support.brilliantdirectories.com/support/discussions/topics/5000039276

Best Answer
Hi Devon, that one only applies to the Classic Framework. For the bootstrap sites, some parts "could" be used and others needs to be changed for bootstrap sites.

Answer
Hi Devon, that one only applies to the Classic Framework. For the bootstrap sites, some parts "could" be used and others needs to be changed for bootstrap sites.

I also need this feature! I want to add drop down/filter of membership level in the search box on home page as the first option later followed by standard features of category, sub category location etc.

Please help if this is possible

After testing the code out, the classic code, still works on the Bootstrap sites, the only step you need to change is to put the code inside a table tag so it looks something like this:

<table class="bmargin">
          <? if ($user_data[company]!="" && $user_data[listing_type]=="Individual") { ?>
              <tr>
                  <td class="bold text-right rpad hidden-xs"><?=$Label[company_label]?>:</td>
                  <td><?=$user_data[company]?></td>
              </tr>

<?php    // NEW CODE    
              $userInformation = getUser($_COOKIE[userid],$w);
                if ($userInformation[subscription_id] == '4') {
                    echo "This Text can only be seen by a Free Member";
                } else {
                       echo "CONGRATULATIONS!! You are an awesome paying member. Girls love you, Men wanna be just like you and I will name my baby after you.";
                }    // END OF NEW CODE
              ?>

<? } ?>          
          <? if ($profileservices!="") { ?>
              <tr>
                  <td class="bold text-right rpad hidden-xs"><?=plural($Label[service])?>:</td>
                  <td><?=$service[service_na

The end result would look something like this:

I have added a custom post for Bootstrap sites based on this, hope this helps:

http://bootstrap.brilliantdirectories.com/solution/articles/5000674152

Hello, I am trying to do something similar, but that also has an extra sub-category.

I have 4 basic membership levels (with sub-categories for pricing)

Business Alumni (marked searchable)

Business Non-Alumni (marked searchable)

Individual Alumni (marked searchable)

Individual Non-Alumni (marked NOT searchable)

Currently, I have 2 Top-Level Categories, Company & Person.

Goal is to have 1 page where All businesses are searched, with drop-downs allowing for searches by A-Z, sub-categories, or google maps.

Right now, A-Z works by using Company Category.

Right now, sub-categories doesn't work, because it also includes person category

Goal is to have one page which only shows Individual Alumni, and only that category can view that.

Right now, that page is showing correct listings by using the Person Category (and non-alumni are not marked searchable), but it is not hidden to other viewers yet.

Is this possible?

jpg
Hi Michael, you could try working with the post I made above, or the solution that was also made for this. Lastly, if you want to have it implemented really quickly, you can send a customization request to our Market Place and we can do that for you.

Login or Signup to post a comment