Start a new topic
Answered

Search Stylist By Name and Former Employer

First I would like to add additional fields to have former employer on contact form when member setup their profile I am clear on how to do that ... but I would like an additional search form to be able to search for stylist by former employee.

Best Answer
Hi Devon (You are on Fire! ^^). In regards to the question for the search form, if the search form is in the search results page, you could extend the Filter Search to include former employees

by modifying the Bootstrap Theme - Member Results - Sorting Options Widget to:

1. Include the option for the Former Employee

2. Modify the query to also look for former employee or create a new query just for that and concatenate this to the already existing query result.

Now, for the home page search results, this need some tweaking on several widgets, not just the Bootstrap Theme - Homepage Search - Yellow Pages Search widget, but also all membership features that you would expect to show this new information on and probably, any widgets that related to how the information is shown on the search results (Maybe you would like a custom way of showing this former employees).

So for the search results filer, you can do it like I mentioned above. For the rest it gets a bit tricky to get it 100% working.

1 Comment

Answer
Hi Devon (You are on Fire! ^^). In regards to the question for the search form, if the search form is in the search results page, you could extend the Filter Search to include former employees

by modifying the Bootstrap Theme - Member Results - Sorting Options Widget to:

1. Include the option for the Former Employee

2. Modify the query to also look for former employee or create a new query just for that and concatenate this to the already existing query result.

Now, for the home page search results, this need some tweaking on several widgets, not just the Bootstrap Theme - Homepage Search - Yellow Pages Search widget, but also all membership features that you would expect to show this new information on and probably, any widgets that related to how the information is shown on the search results (Maybe you would like a custom way of showing this former employees).

So for the search results filer, you can do it like I mentioned above. For the rest it gets a bit tricky to get it 100% working.