Start a new topic
Answered

Member respond to reviews left

Hello,

Can members respond to a negative review left by someone? If not is there a way that we can make that possible on the site? 

Best Answer

Hi Ricardo,

It is possible to add a Disqus chat to your features. This is a simple add-on if you do not already have it. This allows anyone to leave comments on a specific post. 

This does not however, allow the site owner to submit an "official" response as you would see on tripadvisor for example. Developing something like this would require some significant customization and would eventually need to be sent to the marketplace. 

Most of our customers choose to allow premium members to remove reviews that are not positive. It is a great up-sell technique, but can be seen as not the best practice for a review site. 

I hope this helps!

Answer

Hi Ricardo,

It is possible to add a Disqus chat to your features. This is a simple add-on if you do not already have it. This allows anyone to leave comments on a specific post. 

This does not however, allow the site owner to submit an "official" response as you would see on tripadvisor for example. Developing something like this would require some significant customization and would eventually need to be sent to the marketplace. 

Most of our customers choose to allow premium members to remove reviews that are not positive. It is a great up-sell technique, but can be seen as not the best practice for a review site. 

I hope this helps!

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for this explanation, it answers my questions and helps me decide how to proceed.