Start a new topic
Answered

How To Randomize Front Page Setting - New Members

I am a little frustrated with the answers I get regarding development help. I am not a php developer but I have extensive years working with Java on Websphere and JBoss.

It seems the blanket answer is to go to the marketplace for help for some simple 1 line or two lines of code.

I do commend the customer service but the lack of development documentation is driving me a little nuts.

So I am sharing what I found to work and hopefully more developers through their pain with share.

1. Copy You New Members Widget
2. Edit the new members widget
3. Find the code that says ...ORDER BY users_data.signup_date DESC
3. Change that code to ORDER BY rand()

Now you are able to show random members instead of showing descending by date.

Best Answer

Thank you for sharing Devon! Brilliant Directories offers ticket support to assist our customers with the setup of their site. Our ticket support staff is able to assist with the following types of requests:

Changes to the text in certain areas of your website

Updates to the main menu of your website

Implementation of the category structure as you outline in your Launch Plan

Setup of the membership levels of your site, including the activation of member features as you outline in your Launch Plan

Implementation of your pricing page based on the membership levels as you outline in your Launch Plan

Changing colors of buttons, backgrounds, text, etc

Editing the SEO elements of specific pages

Placing existing widgets around your site

Placing or replacing images or banners around your site

Making minor CSS changes to re-align or re-size existing elements on a page

Making minor edits / updates to existing widgets that do not require a developer

Assisting with the parsing and import of members to a site

Any requests that fall outside of this scope needs to either be sent to the community where a fellow user or possibly a developer on staff can assist. If nobody can assist in completing the customization, then sending it to the marketplace would most likely be the best option. 

1 Comment

Answer

Thank you for sharing Devon! Brilliant Directories offers ticket support to assist our customers with the setup of their site. Our ticket support staff is able to assist with the following types of requests:

Changes to the text in certain areas of your website

Updates to the main menu of your website

Implementation of the category structure as you outline in your Launch Plan

Setup of the membership levels of your site, including the activation of member features as you outline in your Launch Plan

Implementation of your pricing page based on the membership levels as you outline in your Launch Plan

Changing colors of buttons, backgrounds, text, etc

Editing the SEO elements of specific pages

Placing existing widgets around your site

Placing or replacing images or banners around your site

Making minor CSS changes to re-align or re-size existing elements on a page

Making minor edits / updates to existing widgets that do not require a developer

Assisting with the parsing and import of members to a site

Any requests that fall outside of this scope needs to either be sent to the community where a fellow user or possibly a developer on staff can assist. If nobody can assist in completing the customization, then sending it to the marketplace would most likely be the best option. 

3 people like this