Start a new topic
Answered

Utilize "Tags" in Keyword Search

Would it be possible to add Tags in the Member Profile Form and have those keywords be incorporated in the Search Box Results.

For example, a member is listed under Dentist but they also specialize in "Implants" and "Root Canal"

The member can add Tags or Keywords to their profile and when someone comes to the directory, they can add the specific keyword in the search box and that dentist is included in the Search Results.

jpg
(264 KB)

Best Answer

Hi Jean, 

Thank you for your question. 

The functionality that you are explained above, is already how the categories work. To use your example; 

Top category: Dentist 

Sub- category: Implants, Root canal, Whitening, etc. 

The member then will choose: 

Dentist to fill the "Best Describes you" field and then select, Implants and Root Canal as "Services" in the Listing Detail Form. 

A member can choose as many services (sub-level categories) as you allow in the membership levels settings. 

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any additional questions, we are here to help! 

Thank you, 

Answer

Hi Jean, 

Thank you for your question. 

The functionality that you are explained above, is already how the categories work. To use your example; 

Top category: Dentist 

Sub- category: Implants, Root canal, Whitening, etc. 

The member then will choose: 

Dentist to fill the "Best Describes you" field and then select, Implants and Root Canal as "Services" in the Listing Detail Form. 

A member can choose as many services (sub-level categories) as you allow in the membership levels settings. 

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any additional questions, we are here to help! 

Thank you, 

Hi Alex,
Thank you for your answer.  I guess I'm asking for little more than specifying sub level categories but similar to I guess a deep keyword search.  Members can add additional services that may not necessarily be related to their category but maybe another category so they can add those additional keywords or tags so the search results can also show these results.

Jean

7 people like this