Start a new topic
Answered

Modified Widget - SideBar Yellow Pages Widget

Would it be easy to modify the existing Yellow Pages Search Widget so that it can be used on the SideBar as well?  Currently the formatting for the Yellow Pages Search Widget is for the HomePage only. 

Wondering if someone can help me fix this.

I'm working in the bootstrap version.

Thank you.

jpg

Best Answer

Ok this is what I did:

1. Renamed your Sidebar to For Sale Sidebar Search

2. Created a copy of the Yellow Page Search widget called Bootstrap Theme - Yellow Pages Search Sidebar

3. Added this new Yellow Pages Search Sidebar to the For Sale Sidebar Search.

4. Edited this Widget on Line 39 from

<div class="col-xs-12 col-sm-12 col-md-6 search_box fpad img-rounded center-block">

to

<div class="col-xs-12 col-sm-12 col-md-12 search_box fpad img-rounded center-block">

Because in this case we are using Bootstrap so it's easier to adapt the size of elements.

5. Went to the Membership Feature Listing and on the Search Settings, almost at the bottom of this section there is an option called Sidebar To Use and I simply put there For Sale Sidebar Search.

You can now go to the Search Results for Members and it will look much better, of course, with the same style of the original Yellow Pages one. So it might need some CSS love, but this you can do through the CSS Tex box in the Bootstrap Theme - Yellow Pages Search Sidebar

Would it be easy to modify the existing Yellow Pages Search Widget so that it can be used on the SideBar as well? Currently the formatting for the Yellow Pages Search Widget is for the HomePage only.

Wondering if someone can help me fix this.

I'm working in the bootstrap version.

Thank you.

jpg

Hi Jean, yes, you can change that one by going to your widget manager in Toolbox -> Widget Manager and searching for the Bootstrap Theme - Homepage Search - Yellow Pages Search Widget. After you edit it (In your case you already have it), just remove the html code that mentions the part you wish you eliminate (Which is done already).

Hi Luis,

Thank you for your response.  I would like to get the Bootstrap Theme - Homepage Search - Yellow Pages Search Widget to be used in the sidebar widgets but it is not currently there.

When I try to add it in the Sidebar Manager area, it won't let me add the Yellow Pages Search Widget.  I guess because that Widget is formatted for the the HomePage Only?

If you could help, I would greatly appreciate it.

Jean

png

Hi Jean, sure thing friend, simply tell me which page will manage the sidebar, so I have a clear idea where to work and provide you with an example.

Hi Luis, It is the sidebar of the Member Search Result page. Thank you, Jean
Hi Luis,

Thank you for your response. I am trying to replace the Sidebar of the Member Search Result page.  I would like to get the Bootstrap Theme - Homepage Search - Yellow Pages Search Widget to be used in the sidebar widgets but it is not currently there.

When I try to add it in the Sidebar Manager area, it won't let me add the Yellow Pages Search Widget. I guess because that Widget is formatted for the the HomePage Only?

If you could help, I would greatly appreciate it.

Jean

png

YES SIR! ^^. Ok give me a couple of hours to work on this. Will update you once it's done and thank you for the image.

Answer

Ok this is what I did:

1. Renamed your Sidebar to For Sale Sidebar Search

2. Created a copy of the Yellow Page Search widget called Bootstrap Theme - Yellow Pages Search Sidebar

3. Added this new Yellow Pages Search Sidebar to the For Sale Sidebar Search.

4. Edited this Widget on Line 39 from

<div class="col-xs-12 col-sm-12 col-md-6 search_box fpad img-rounded center-block">

to

<div class="col-xs-12 col-sm-12 col-md-12 search_box fpad img-rounded center-block">

Because in this case we are using Bootstrap so it's easier to adapt the size of elements.

5. Went to the Membership Feature Listing and on the Search Settings, almost at the bottom of this section there is an option called Sidebar To Use and I simply put there For Sale Sidebar Search.

You can now go to the Search Results for Members and it will look much better, of course, with the same style of the original Yellow Pages one. So it might need some CSS love, but this you can do through the CSS Tex box in the Bootstrap Theme - Yellow Pages Search Sidebar

Thank you so much for the detailed information!

Your support is amazing!

Thank you, thank you!

Our pleasure!! :) 

Please feel free to ask any question in the Community, we're always happy to help you!  :)