Start a new topic
Answered

Chaning button colors in Profile / Listings

Hello everyone... I'm trying to get my directory to have the same "look" in all pages. It's easy enough to change the main "theme" color, and the "Homepage button". Oddly enough, the other buttons in the directory seem "hard coded" (to yellow, green an blue). BD support offered a bit on help on this, consisting on changing the color definition in the widget, such as:

.green-bg {
color: #FFF!important;
background: rgba(169, 3, 3,1) !important;
border-color: rgba(111, 0, 0,1) !important;

(so, making "green" turn "red" instead)

This sort of works, the button does turn red... EXCEPT that when the mouse hovers over the button, the button goes back to it's original "green" hover color. I further inquired with support as to where/how I can change that "hover" color (so it all keeps the same color), and I was told that this was beyond support's scope (??)... Has anyone come across this issue...? How can I change the HOVER button color...? Any help greatly appreciated!

Best Answer
Hi Luana... Yes I figured that on my own, as I stated in the original support ticket:

The solution to the button color issue is not resolved by re-defining the .green-bg and .yellow-bg colors in the <style> statement, but rather by changing the colors stated in the classes for the button in the relevant widget codes (or Page Loop code). See attached, where I replaced "yellow-bg" with "red-bg", "green-bg" with "black-bg", etc. This changes both the button color *and* the button hover color. See attached for more detail, just for your reference, if anyone else asks...

jpg

Hello Paul, 

We apologize for the late response! 

Are you still having this issue? 

I'll be more than happy to assist you. 

Thanks! :) 

Answer
Hi Luana... Yes I figured that on my own, as I stated in the original support ticket:

The solution to the button color issue is not resolved by re-defining the .green-bg and .yellow-bg colors in the <style> statement, but rather by changing the colors stated in the classes for the button in the relevant widget codes (or Page Loop code). See attached, where I replaced "yellow-bg" with "red-bg", "green-bg" with "black-bg", etc. This changes both the button color *and* the button hover color. See attached for more detail, just for your reference, if anyone else asks...

jpg

Perfect!! :)

Thank you so much for sharing this information! 

Please let us know if you have any question. 

We're always happy to help! :) 

Thanks!