Start a new topic
Answered

Added Layer to Join Today Page

I would like to separate out 2 Membership Types, Vendors and Owners

Would it be possible to add a layer to the Join Today Page and based on what the user picks, it will direct them to 2 different pages?

With this, I hope to get information on how I can add another Pricing Page under the Menu Manager so I can show the features 2 Different Pricing Page Features.

jpg

Best Answer

Hi Andrew & Jean, sorry for the long delay. Here is the information needed:

For the menuArray function, it actually calls the menu and menu_items tables in your database based on the name of the menu, in this case, it is the "pricing_menu" as found in the menu table.

The 0 is the value used to related the individual menu items on a specific menu. Typically if it's the first menu created it will have 0.

The $w is a array type  variable that has all the information needed for, for example, mysql calls, user information and more. This is used in this case to simply grab the information needed to query the database and bring the options for the menu.

If you happen to have difficulty customizing this, but know a bit of HTML, you can do the following:

1. Go to the web page where the menu appears and copy the entire HTML table structure of this menu.

2. Paste this code in the widget you mentioned above where the  <?=menuArray("pricing_menu",0,$w)?> is found. Replacing this code in the process.

3. Now start customizing your menu from there without the need to edit it from the Menu Manager. This is just in case you wish to customize it with special codes.

Hi Jean, well for this customization, I recommend sending a request to the market place in order to know if it's possible. It's a nice idea with several use cases.

Right now I am helping Jean for this customization. Is there any documentation for PHP functions used on the site? Right now I have to guess how to use each function in order to make some code customizations. For example. There is a line of code  

<?=menuArray("pricing_menu",0,$w)?>

inside of the join today page and it is using the pricing_menu widget. However, I don't know where to find documentation for menuArray() and I don't know what 0 and $w means. I can't customize it that much without having documentation of the codes.

Hi Luis, Do you think you can help and let us know if there is documentation for the PHP functions or an answer to Andrew's question would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Jean

Answer

Hi Andrew & Jean, sorry for the long delay. Here is the information needed:

For the menuArray function, it actually calls the menu and menu_items tables in your database based on the name of the menu, in this case, it is the "pricing_menu" as found in the menu table.

The 0 is the value used to related the individual menu items on a specific menu. Typically if it's the first menu created it will have 0.

The $w is a array type  variable that has all the information needed for, for example, mysql calls, user information and more. This is used in this case to simply grab the information needed to query the database and bring the options for the menu.

If you happen to have difficulty customizing this, but know a bit of HTML, you can do the following:

1. Go to the web page where the menu appears and copy the entire HTML table structure of this menu.

2. Paste this code in the widget you mentioned above where the  <?=menuArray("pricing_menu",0,$w)?> is found. Replacing this code in the process.

3. Now start customizing your menu from there without the need to edit it from the Menu Manager. This is just in case you wish to customize it with special codes.

Is there any online documentation for this and other parts of the system?

Hi Andrew, not currently (For this specific question). I believe It would be a customization request, but you can always check out the Solution Center for help related to it.