Start a new topic
Answered

Payment Page Modifications

Hi All,

As part of my directory is a paid Consumer section.

This doesn't allow them to have a listing instead it is for them to purchase a Membership Card to be able to shop at the Member stores and get discounts.

Is there a way for us to modify the the Payment page to add in an additional question under the email and password such as a drop down menu for them to select an option?

Each of the consumer memberships is associated with a member card type for example Blue Card, Pink Card, Yellow Card, Green Card etc and we want them to choose which card they want.

Can it be done or does it have to go to a second page after purchase page?

If the payment page can be modified for this, can we have an opt in check box as well for newsletter signups?

Many thanks

Alex

Best Answer

Hi Alex, they notified me today to try to access your site. It is now working (Don't know what it was then). But anyway, I added a check on the same widget where it checks for the type of subscription. If it is "paid" then it shows the charity.  You can see it at the bottom of the Signup Page Step 1 widget:

<?php
if ($subscription[profile_type] == 'paid') {
    echo '<div class="billing-detail">
        <strong>Choose your Charity</strong>
        <select class="payment" name="charity" tabindex="5">
            <option value="CharityValue1">Option 1</option>
            <option value="CharityValue2">Option 2</option>
            <option value="CharityValue3">Option 3</option>
            <option value="CharityValue4">Option 4</option>
            <option value="CharityValue5">Option 5</option>
            <option value="CharityValue6">Option 6</option>
        </select>
    </div>';
}
?>

Tested to see if it works with another subscription level. For example, the free one you mentioned. The select should not appear in that case. 

Hi Alex, could you specify the payment page where the changes could occur. This way I can give you a more exact answer based on it. Thank you.

Hi Luis,

There are two types of pages I am after.

The first is a generic page that has a drop down option for people to make a choice from a list of charities.

The second is a charity specific page for charities to promote themselves and generic sign ups just for them.

gif
gif

Also, am I using the right page for Consumer Members or is there something unique?

I have just modified the standard sign up page and removed all access to features i.e. listing, events, etc, etc.

Hi Alex, for the first part, I left you a <select> element on the Signup Page Step 1 widget.  It now looks like this so you can customize it the way you want:

The code added on the Signup Page Step 1 is:

<div class="billing-detail">
    	<option value="CharityValue1">CharityName1</option>
        <option value="CharityValue2">CharityName2</option>
        <option value="CharityValue3">CharityName3</option>
        <option value="CharityValue4">CharityName4</option>
        <option value="CharityValue5">CharityName5</option>
    </select>
</div>

To give you an idea on how to customize it. The CharityValue1..2..3.....N are the values of each option that will be handled by the system. The CharityName1...3...4...N is the name that will show on the Form when the member sees it. 

Now for the 2nd part I believe it is in the realm of a customization request handled by our Market Place. Hoping this information helps you friend.

Hi Luis,

Thanks very much for this but I need it to be just on specific pages, not on all of them.  The Charity sign up page doesn't need it.

Can I customise this for specific sign up pages only?

Also this could solve my second page issue temporarily by just having a forced value there being the Charity Name with no other options i.e. on the Conservation Volunteers page I could just have Conservation Volunteers as the only option.

Many thanks

Alex

Yeah sure Alex. Give me an example of a sign up page you would like to use as a test for this code and I will be happy to create a custom code that, depending on the sign up page, will show the charity option or not.

Hi Luis,

https://www.securemypayment.com/payment/8

This one is for Conservation Volunteers.

I was thinking for this page instead of the various options the solution could just be

<div class="billing-detail">

<option value="CharityValue1">Conservation Volunteers</option>

</select>

</div>

And then I could customise that for each specific charity page.

For the business sign up pages it can stay with the various options as I will fill them in.

Many thanks

Alex

Hi Luis,

Sorry to push but any update on this?

Many thanks

Alex

Hi Alex, was finishing up the code today for some reason I can't edit or save from my end. Are you able to edit and save the widgets?

No I can't either.

Hi Alex, could you please send a ticket to support about this issue so they can fix it and we can continue moving forward. Thanks for also confirming that we can't connect.

Hi Luis,

will send it now.

thanks

Alex

Answer

Hi Alex, they notified me today to try to access your site. It is now working (Don't know what it was then). But anyway, I added a check on the same widget where it checks for the type of subscription. If it is "paid" then it shows the charity.  You can see it at the bottom of the Signup Page Step 1 widget:

<?php
if ($subscription[profile_type] == 'paid') {
    echo '<div class="billing-detail">
            <option value="CharityValue1">Option 1</option>
            <option value="CharityValue2">Option 2</option>
            <option value="CharityValue3">Option 3</option>
            <option value="CharityValue4">Option 4</option>
            <option value="CharityValue5">Option 5</option>
            <option value="CharityValue6">Option 6</option>
        </select>
    </div>';
}
?>

Tested to see if it works with another subscription level. For example, the free one you mentioned. The select should not appear in that case. 

Hi Luis,

Any idea how I can change the form background color to transparent or any other colors?

Please see attached screenshot to know the reason behind my question.

Thanks,

Kamyar

tiff