Start a new topic
Answered

Importing sub level categories

Hi,

Can someone please help me import ALL the sub-level categories to my directory? I've done the 22 main ones but I'm slightly hesitant doing all four thousand nine hundred and something by myself...lol

Thank you

Gerrit

Best Answer

Hi Gerrit, if you permit me to give you some valuable points about categories in general:

• The more categories you have (Either Main or Sub), the lest probable that a member will be found (If starting a site) when they use the search options on the site.
  • It is much better to start with more general categories (eg: Instead of Cake, Ice Cream and Chocolate as categories, it would be best to have a single Dessert category) since it gives more value to your members.
  • Having many main or sub categories takes time from members to register correctly and they try to avoid over complicated systems where too many options is not a viable solution (There are some tests done where too many options makes people avoid the whole process altogether).

With this said, We offer a paid service to import information to your site. Whole this helps friend.

Answer

Hi Gerrit, if you permit me to give you some valuable points about categories in general:

• The more categories you have (Either Main or Sub), the lest probable that a member will be found (If starting a site) when they use the search options on the site.
  • It is much better to start with more general categories (eg: Instead of Cake, Ice Cream and Chocolate as categories, it would be best to have a single Dessert category) since it gives more value to your members.
  • Having many main or sub categories takes time from members to register correctly and they try to avoid over complicated systems where too many options is not a viable solution (There are some tests done where too many options makes people avoid the whole process altogether).

With this said, We offer a paid service to import information to your site. Whole this helps friend.

Hi Luis thank you I will do that I thought help with setting up my categories,etc was free.