Start a new topic
Answered

Classifieds not streaming on homepage

Hi,

I am a new member and still in the process of setting up my directory... and we all know what that means i.e newbie errors.

I've set up a member account to play around with and to see how the streaming widgets operate and everything seems to display fine except for the classified widget. The display on the homepage is empty.

I copied code the same way as the others and said member has ability to post classifieds please help?

Thanx Gerrit

Ps. Also not sure where I'm supposed to ask questions Developers Corner or General questions please advice?

Best Answer

Hi Gerrit, welcome to the family. For questions related to coding, it would be in the developers corner, for questions in general, the general section. Of course, there are some types of questions like your that are a gray area, so you can ask them on both. Still, if you get the wrong section, no problem buddy, we can happily move it to the correct one. Now for your question. The short answer is, you did not do anything wrong. After checking your site, every step you took was the correct one. The only issue found was that in the database, there was an already existing classified which was the issue. So basically there were 2 classifieds. Maybe somebody copied the membership feature or something to that affect and then deleted it. Leaving like a ghost membership classified in there. your classifieds should now be working.

Answer

Hi Gerrit, welcome to the family. For questions related to coding, it would be in the developers corner, for questions in general, the general section. Of course, there are some types of questions like your that are a gray area, so you can ask them on both. Still, if you get the wrong section, no problem buddy, we can happily move it to the correct one. Now for your question. The short answer is, you did not do anything wrong. After checking your site, every step you took was the correct one. The only issue found was that in the database, there was an already existing classified which was the issue. So basically there were 2 classifieds. Maybe somebody copied the membership feature or something to that affect and then deleted it. Leaving like a ghost membership classified in there. your classifieds should now be working.

Hi Luis, thank you it's working fine now! 

Same issue here - how do I correct it?

Hi Nicole, thank you for commenting on this. Your issue is now solved. It was simply a missing ;. Have a happy day.