Start a new topic
Answered

Category/Channel Changes to Widgets

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had experience with creating new categories.

I have duplicated the coupons section, rebranded it to Online Offers and thought I had gotten everything right as it shows up on the site but the problem is whatever you load up into one it also shows up in the other in the streaming widgets on the homepage i.e. A coupon shows up in the coupon category and also shows up Offers category as well.  When you click on the Navigation for each page it shows separately but the widgets pull it together.

Any suggestions or advice?

Many thanks

Best Answer

All Streaming Widgets (Except for Newest Members and Feature Members) have the option to select which Membership Feature they will use. You can see it in the first 4 lines:

The option $featureName is used to select which membership feature they will be based on. For example, if your streaming widget will use the Online Offers membership feature, your customized streaming widget coupon (Based on the Streaming Coupon) setup will look something like this:

$featureName = 'Online Offers';

$onlyActiveMembers = true;

$sortingOrder = 'DESC';

$streamName = "OMG Best Online Offers in the galaxy!";

With that, you will have a new, customized streaming widget that only reads and shows information from your membership feature Online Offers.

Answer

All Streaming Widgets (Except for Newest Members and Feature Members) have the option to select which Membership Feature they will use. You can see it in the first 4 lines:

The option $featureName is used to select which membership feature they will be based on. For example, if your streaming widget will use the Online Offers membership feature, your customized streaming widget coupon (Based on the Streaming Coupon) setup will look something like this:

$featureName = 'Online Offers';

$onlyActiveMembers = true;

$sortingOrder = 'DESC';

$streamName = "OMG Best Online Offers in the galaxy!";

With that, you will have a new, customized streaming widget that only reads and shows information from your membership feature Online Offers.

Hi Luis,

Thanks for the response.

I have gone through the widgets and made sure the naming is 100% accurate but they are still showing offers from both.

Could it be something that I missed in the Member Feature for the Online Offers?

Alex

Hi Alex, could you send to luis@brilliantdirectories.com your site id and site name so I can go ahead and have a look at it. I will be here all day for you. Thank you.

HI Luis, sent you an email.

Hi Alex, could you please verify now and let me know if it's showing correctly.

Hi Luis,

Thanks very much for this.  It looks like it is working fine now however I can't upload images into the offers.  It just comes up as a broken link.

If you are using Chrome or Firefox, they have temporarily blocked all versions of Flash as of last week. There is a small popup that appears on top part of the page of your browser asking for permission to allow flash. We are currently working on moving all Flash related services to HTML5 for full browser compatibility.