Start a new topic
Answered

View all classified ads Page Doesn't show Title and Description.

I'm fairly new to Brilliant Directories, so please let me know if I should have posted this as ticket.

I have widgets for the classified, photos and videos on my home page, when you click "view the photo and video" you get a thumbnail of the photo, the heading/title, a portion of the description, a link to the profile of who posted and the tags, which is awesome. (see below)

But when you click "view all ads" the page only show a thumbnail and a hot link to the listers profile, is it possible to have it also show a thumbnail of the photo, the heading/title, a portion of the description, a link to the profile of who posted and the tags, which is awesome. (see below) Like the view all photos page does? Is that something I can do, or is it something I can turn a ticket in on?

Thank you very much in advance for your help. I can hardly wait for my site to go live, although very new I believe my customers will really like the new format.

Ms Majestic Nic, Von Reminic x Daisy Mae Dun It

Cyndee Hall showing Ms Majestic Nic, Von Reminic x Daisy Mae Dun It 2009 Bay MareOwned by UCR ReinersReiningHorses.org..

Posted by: UCR Reiners

Tags: Ms Majestic Nic, Von Reminic, Daisy Mae Dun It

Best Answer

Hi Cyndee, 

Thank you for your message. 

Answering your first question: Yes, it will work for both pages. 

I already did it for you. However I'll show you what I changed: 

I Navigated to Members >> Membership Features >> Classifieds (or the feature you want to edit).

Then Scrolled down and found the title: "Search Result Settings"

In the "Page Header" I pasted the CSS code to adjust the Title size and use the font weight: bold.

<style>

.post_results h2 a {

font-size: 15px;

font-weight: bold;

line-height: 17px;

}

</style> 

And in the "Page Loop" box I changed the code from the line 10 to line 17:

<td class="post_title">

<h2><a href="/<?=$p[group_filename]?>" title="<?=$p[post_title]?> Details"><?=$p[group_name]?></a></h2>

<? if ($p[post_promo]!="") { ?><p class="promo hideG">Price: <span><?=$p[post_promo]?></span></p><? } ?>

<? if ($p[group_desc]!="") { ?><p class="hideG"><?=limitWords(strip_tags($p[group_desc]),80)?>..</p><? } ?>

<p class="tags"><b>Posted by:</b> <a href="/<?=$user[filename]?>" title="Posted By: <?=$user[full_name]?>"><?=$user[full_name]?></a></p>

<? if ($p[post_tags]!="") { ?><p class="tags"><b>Tags:</b>

<? $tags=explode(",",$p[post_tags]); foreach($tags as $tag) { ?><a title="<?=$tag?>" href="/<?=$_ENV[requesturl]?>?q=<?=$tag?>"><?=$tag?></a><? } ?>

<? } ?>

Then clicked on "Save Changes" and now the Classifieds feature page looks like this: 

Please let me know if you have any questions. 

Thanks! :) 

Hi Cynde, 

Thank you for your question. 

I can give you the code to add the Description, you already had the title and the posted by. However if you want to add the tags, it will be a customization request because it takes some time to find the right code.

Please let me know if you want to know how to add the description and I'll be more than happy to help you! 

1 person likes this
Hi Luana,
Would it work for both these pages?
http://reinersworld.startadirectory.com/classifieds
http://reinersworld.startadirectory.com/idaho/cataldo/farms-ranches/ucr-reiners

I don't see the title only the posted by.

But yes I would like know how to add both the title and the description.

Thank you in advance!!
Cyndee

Answer

Hi Cyndee, 

Thank you for your message. 

Answering your first question: Yes, it will work for both pages. 

I already did it for you. However I'll show you what I changed: 

I Navigated to Members >> Membership Features >> Classifieds (or the feature you want to edit).

Then Scrolled down and found the title: "Search Result Settings"

In the "Page Header" I pasted the CSS code to adjust the Title size and use the font weight: bold.

<style>

.post_results h2 a {

font-size: 15px;

font-weight: bold;

line-height: 17px;

}

</style> 

And in the "Page Loop" box I changed the code from the line 10 to line 17:

<td class="post_title">

<h2><a href="/<?=$p[group_filename]?>" title="<?=$p[post_title]?> Details"><?=$p[group_name]?></a></h2>

<? if ($p[post_promo]!="") { ?><p class="promo hideG">Price: <span><?=$p[post_promo]?></span></p><? } ?>

<? if ($p[group_desc]!="") { ?><p class="hideG"><?=limitWords(strip_tags($p[group_desc]),80)?>..</p><? } ?>

<p class="tags"><b>Posted by:</b> <a href="/<?=$user[filename]?>" title="Posted By: <?=$user[full_name]?>"><?=$user[full_name]?></a></p>

<? if ($p[post_tags]!="") { ?><p class="tags"><b>Tags:</b>

<? $tags=explode(",",$p[post_tags]); foreach($tags as $tag) { ?><a title="<?=$tag?>" href="/<?=$_ENV[requesturl]?>?q=<?=$tag?>"><?=$tag?></a><? } ?>

<? } ?>

Then clicked on "Save Changes" and now the Classifieds feature page looks like this: 

Please let me know if you have any questions.