Start a new topic
Answered

Adding Google Translate Widget

Has anyone out there added the Google Translate recently?

Best Answer

Hi Bret, 

I'll be more than happy to assist you. 

You only need to "call" the "Google Translate" widget in the "Header - Links" widget. 

1. Please go to the admin and navigate to Toolbox >> Widget Manager >> Header - Links. 

2. Then in the "Widget Code" box please paste this: 

[widget=Google Translate]

Make sure that you're pasting it before the PHP code, I mean in the first line. Please see image above

Then scroll down and in the "Widget CSS" please paste this code: 

div#google_translate_element {

position: relative;

top: 10px;

left: 120px;

}

Click on "Save Changes" and go back to your homepage. The Google Translate widget should be displaying. 

Please let me know if you have further questions :)

Thanks! 

Hi Bret, 

We added this widget to some of the sites. 

What would you like to know about it??

We will more than happy to assist you.

Thanks! :) 

Hi Luana,

Thanks for jumping in.  I didn't think this was a question for support.  I was trying to add in the script from the widget into the Header Links, but I couldn't get it to function.  

I was also trying to remove the search from the header links because this site is based around the classified ads and that search is for "Listings".  I could replace it with a general site search, but I didn't see that in the widget kit.  Could I replace it with the "Universal Search Home Page"?

Answer

Hi Bret, 

I'll be more than happy to assist you. 

You only need to "call" the "Google Translate" widget in the "Header - Links" widget. 

1. Please go to the admin and navigate to Toolbox >> Widget Manager >> Header - Links. 

2. Then in the "Widget Code" box please paste this: 

[widget=Google Translate]

Make sure that you're pasting it before the PHP code, I mean in the first line. Please see image above

Then scroll down and in the "Widget CSS" please paste this code: 

div#google_translate_element {

position: relative;

top: 10px;

left: 120px;

}

Click on "Save Changes" and go back to your homepage. The Google Translate widget should be displaying. 

Please let me know if you have further questions :)

Thanks! 

You're awesome!  All good!

Perfect!! :)

My pleasure... 

Hi Luana,

Quick question on this one.  Currently, the translation doesn't show up on the payment create account screens.  Is this because the translate widget code will break the payment gateway functions?  I want to add it into these pages (For Pro and Elite paid memberships) because we will have some non English speakers signing up.  Please let me know if there is a separate Headler Links widget for the payment pages.

Thanks.

png

Hi Bret, 

We just updated the code, there was an error that we fixed and now the Google Translate Widget is showing up in the Payment pages!.

Please tested and let us know if it's working fine for you.

1 person likes this

Looking good!  You got it fixed.  Thanks for the help Luana!

You got it!  All working correctly now!  You are awesome Luana!

Perfect! It's always a pleasure to help you :) 

hi there

thanks for the explanation

I followed it but didnt make it work:

I called the widget before the php code:

I put the css code in  ( there was already some code in there  so I tried multiple ways of plugging it in)

the widget still wont appear:

can  you assist?

thanks!

Hi Asaf, 

Thank your for your question. 

I just checked and everything was setup correctly. Maybe there is a cache in the browser, you need to refresh the page again, because when I opened your site looks perfect and the translating functionality is working perfectly. 

I incremented the width of the translate box because it was a little cut in the right side. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.