Start a new topic
Answered

Domain Names

Hi,

Is it possible to have 2 domain names pointing to my directory?

Many thanks,

Mat

Best Answer
Mat... you can do this by using your DNS settings  DNS(domain name servers)

If you have a registrar offering good DNS service, such as Enom, then you go to the section called Host Records to make adjustments on any domain

Example:  I own both of these domains and the main BD website URL domain I want to be www.domain.com  But I want the domain.org to go to the main site at domain.com

Go to domain.com  Host Records - select A record enter IP address 184.000.106.59 for all main, www, and @ wildcard

Go to domain.org Host Records - select URL redirect enter www.domain.com

Let's say you own similar-domain.com
Go to similar-domain.com Host Records - select URL redirect enter www.domain.com

You can do the same thing with 301 redirects but this is much easier to do and modify in future

Hi Mat, 

Thank you for your message. 

You can not point domains to your directory. You can point your URL to our servers and then create as many sub-domains as you wish for the directory. 

Please let us know if you have any additional items we can  assist with. 

Thanks! :) 

Hi Luana, sorry, you've lost me.

I currently have www.theaustralianrealestateagentdirectory.com.au pointed at my directory.

Can i also have www.agentcentral.com.au pointed at my directory?

Sorry Luana, can i also have www.agentcentral.com.au pointed at your server?

Answer
Mat... you can do this by using your DNS settings  DNS(domain name servers)

If you have a registrar offering good DNS service, such as Enom, then you go to the section called Host Records to make adjustments on any domain

Example:  I own both of these domains and the main BD website URL domain I want to be www.domain.com  But I want the domain.org to go to the main site at domain.com

Go to domain.com  Host Records - select A record enter IP address 184.000.106.59 for all main, www, and @ wildcard

Go to domain.org Host Records - select URL redirect enter www.domain.com

Let's say you own similar-domain.com
Go to similar-domain.com Host Records - select URL redirect enter www.domain.com

You can do the same thing with 301 redirects but this is much easier to do and modify in future

1 person likes this

Hi Mat, 

Thank you for your question. You can not have two domains pointed to our servers. However you can follow Jan instructions to redirect your new domains. 

Please let us know if you have further questions.

@Jan thank you for your great feedback.

Thanks! :)