Start a new topic
Answered

How do I import a CSV file with member info including its SUB SUB category?

I see documentation for importing memebrs via CSV file but it only contains category and sub category levels. I need to import the sub sub category as well.

Any way to do that?

Thanks,

Paulo

Best Answer

Hi Joe, 

Thank you for your message. 

You can change them before the import. 

First navigate to Toolbox >> Sub Categories. 

Then change only the Title (red arrows) using similar words and try to leave the Slug name (URL) (green arrows) as it is. So the system will not affect your category structure and you can replace the old categories with the new ones in the CSV File. 

If I need more than one sub sub category per member, is that a comma separation that I need to enter on this data load file? 

Yes there is a comma separation that you need to enter on your data. For example you can use as sub sub under "Services": car, train, bike. 

Let me know if you have further questions. 

Thanks! :) 

Hi Paulo, 

Thank you for your question. 

You need to use the variable "services", so instead to use the sub level, please type the Sub-Sub Level Category.

For example: 

Top Level: Fashion Stores

Sub Level: Makeup

Sub-Sub Level: Lip gloss

In the CSV File you need to upload: 

profession_name (Fashion Stores)

services (Lip gloss)

**NOTE: Please do not use same Sub-Sub Level Categories in different Sub Categories.In order for sub-sub categories to be recognized by the system as such they must all have:

1. A different parent (sub- category). 

2. A different name from other parents and sub-sub categories.

Please let me know if you have further questions. 

Thank you Luana!

My pleasure!! :) 

Thank you for the question and answer as I am looking to do the same thing.  That is going to be very inefficient to not be able to use the same sub sub category names as I have similar / same names for each one.  It sounds like I will have to go back and change all of these manually after the load? 

Also, if I need more than one sub sub category per member, is that a comma separation that I need to enter on this data load file?  for example a value of "sub sub 1, sub sub 2, sub sub 3"?

Answer

Hi Joe, 

Thank you for your message. 

You can change them before the import. 

First navigate to Toolbox >> Sub Categories. 

Then change only the Title (red arrows) using similar words and try to leave the Slug name (URL) (green arrows) as it is. So the system will not affect your category structure and you can replace the old categories with the new ones in the CSV File. 

If I need more than one sub sub category per member, is that a comma separation that I need to enter on this data load file? 

Yes there is a comma separation that you need to enter on your data. For example you can use as sub sub under "Services": car, train, bike. 

Let me know if you have further questions.