Start a new topic
Answered

Backing up Site

How does one back up your site. I found a video instruction but I think with all the up grades in CP, it does not have the option any more.

Here is the link I watched

http://support.brilliantdirectories.com/support/solutions/articles/5000604927-backing-up-your-site-downloading-a-copy-of-your-backup

Thanks

Lionel

Best Answer

Hi Lionel, 

Thank you for your question. Depending on the information of your site the email could be received hours later. However, I think 24 hours is too much time. Please follow my instructions and let me know if you still have not received the email.

1. Go to the Cpanel.

2. In the search bar please type: "Backup" and select the option: "Backup Wizard"

3. Then in the step #1: Backup/Restore, click in the blue button on "Backup"

4. Click in the blue button:"Full Backup"

5. Then scroll down and add your email address and click on "Generate Backup".

**NOTE: Make sure that you do not check the option: "Do not send email notification of backup completation".

Also I will recommend you to try with a different email address, maybe you have a restriction in your email settings.

Please try this steps and if you have any inconvenience let me know. 

We will more than happy to take a look for you.

Thanks!! :)

Hi Lionel, 

Thank you for your question. I just checked your site and you didn't have the access to the CPanel and  MySQL. 

I updated your access information and now you have the correct access. You can find the Cpanel in the right top side of the Admin.  

You can watch the video again and you will be able to make the same changes and backup your site :) 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks you! 

1 person likes this

Yes Perfect. You the best. Thank you for your prompt response

Have a great day

Lionel

My pleasure!! :)

Luana You know I did everything per instructions and I yet have seen an email with my back up. It's been over 24 hours. Would you know why? Is there more we need to do? Thanks Lionel
Answer

Hi Lionel, 

Thank you for your question. Depending on the information of your site the email could be received hours later. However, I think 24 hours is too much time. Please follow my instructions and let me know if you still have not received the email.

1. Go to the Cpanel.

2. In the search bar please type: "Backup" and select the option: "Backup Wizard"

3. Then in the step #1: Backup/Restore, click in the blue button on "Backup"

4. Click in the blue button:"Full Backup"

5. Then scroll down and add your email address and click on "Generate Backup".

**NOTE: Make sure that you do not check the option: "Do not send email notification of backup completation".

Also I will recommend you to try with a different email address, maybe you have a restriction in your email settings.

Please try this steps and if you have any inconvenience let me know. 

We will more than happy to take a look for you.

Thanks!! :)

Luana

I went through the steps again. I waited for over 12 hours and I still have not received my back up. Maybe there is something not linked up. Please can you look at it again.

Thanks

Lionel

Hi Lionel, 

We apologize for the inconveniences. 

I created a ticket for you, because this issue should be fixed now. 

We will let you know as soon as is completed.

Thanks! :) 

Hi Lionel, 

Our Developement Team tested this issue and it worked for them.

They have recommended to put an email that is other than the website address. 

Also said that is better if you use a gmail email. If this does not work then create an email like backup@yourdomain.com and setup that email address to forward to your email. 

This may happen when a site's email is not configured correctly. 

Could you please test it and let us know if it worked for you.

Thanks! :) 

Thank you for the response! I just tried the back up after I created a new account with my website domain. and I will wait to see. Not sure were the email address is directed to but I will keep checking the cpanel. Thank you for the response

Lionel 

Perfect!! :)

Please let me know if you are experience any issue with the backup process. 

Thanks!

Luana, I don't have that access on my site as well.

www.christinside.com

Hi Mark, 

Could you please check now? 

I already activated your access :)

Thanks! 

Thank you Luana!  Only, it makes me wonder... what else don't I have?  :-o

Mark

Hi Mark, there are only 2 levels. The 1st one is for partners that have no developer knowledge and don't have a team of developers working with them. On this level they do not see just that option because they could make a minor mistake and basically destroy their site. The 2nd level is the one you have right now where you can see all 3 options (FTP, MySQL and Cpanel). This is the highest level even for us developers. At this level it is assumed the partner has some knowledge of how to develop their site, basic knowledge on programming and such.