Start a new topic
Answered

ckEditor and TinyMCE editor for Form Manager

Both of these editors are Open Source. Both have been around for a long time.

I've recently tried both of these on BD and found that the ckEditor has so many toolbars that it will very likely confuse my members trying to use it for adding profile information.  That's a personal opinion.  I'm sticking with TinyMCE

There's a new Solutions article to tell you how to add ckEditor to your BD website

With either one of these editors, here's how you select the Editor when working with a Form Field in Toolbox > Forms Manager

TinyMCE is already installed in your BD website.
Select Field Type  Textarea Field (Big Box)  do not select the TinyMCE in that dropdown.  Then add tinymce to DIV class:

Same goes for the ckeditor. First you must install the ckEditor before you can use it

Select Field Type Textarea Field (Big Box) do not select the ckeditor in that dropdown. Then add ckeditor to DIV class.

This will not work until you install ckEditor. A new solutions article just went up provided by Support Staff, which is an example of an excellent tutorial for working with BD sites. Kudos to support!

Article on Adding ckEditor to your BD Website

http://support.brilliantdirectories.com/support/solutions/articles/5000606175-how-to-include-support-for-ckeditor

Best Answer

Oh super Jan, many thanks. Actually a lot of partners were asking EXACTLY for this. I already know many are going to learn how to do this. Keep up the good work.

1 person has this question
1 Comment

Answer

Oh super Jan, many thanks. Actually a lot of partners were asking EXACTLY for this. I already know many are going to learn how to do this. Keep up the good work.