Start a new topic
Answered

How do I make directory STATE specific?

Hello,

I'm creating a local, Utah based directory. Cities in Utah are the only relevant locations for my business. Currently, it seems my directory is setup for the US by default. How do I go about editing this universally on my directory?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

-Blake 

Best Answer

This is currently being hold off for the next release update since it will incorporate many features related to how localized a site can be. There is no ETA yet but know that it is already in the planning stage.

2 people have this question

Hi Blake. My suggestion would be to edit the Signup Page Step 3 Widget. We woul go to your Dashboard and Toolbox -> Widget Manager and then look for the Signup Page Step 3 widget. Customize it and edit it. When you open the widget, On the Widget Code box, look for line 16, it should look like this:

<select style="background-color:#ffffff;" class="payment" TABINDEX=8 name="state_code" id="state"><? echo getStateList($b[state_code],$w,$b[country_code]); ?></select><?=toolTip('payment','state',0,'margin-top:7px;')?>

Change it to 

<select style="background-color:#ffffff;" class="payment" TABINDEX=8 name="state_code" id="state"><option value="UT">Utah</option></select><?=toolTip('payment','state',0,'margin-top:7px;')?>

What changed was the code <? echo getStateList($b[state_code],$w,$b[country_code]); ?> to <option value="UT">Utah</option>. This way, any member that registers will always be from Utah.

Let me know if this helps you.

Hi Luis,  I think the question was
How to make a BD directory limit Search Functions to a single State.

I'd have that answer too if that is possible.  Same question for a "City Directory"

from a user perspective and from a search engine perspective, this is a big deal.  Complete paradigm shift from country wide directories.  Site visitors feel more at home if they arrive at "Miami Plastic Surgeons".  SE sees this as a Local directory assuming that all the Meta tags and the members are only from the local area.  This domain would rank way higher for local search than same industry with all USA.

So, run this around your meeting next time.  And listen to what Dennis has to say about it.

1 person likes this

I talked to the development team. This would be a customization request (One that would need a bit of changes in multiple parts), but this would be an excellent opportunity to add it to the wishlist. But not only to state, but also to city, professions, countries, specific group of states, etc.. This can be extended. 

4 people like this

Hi guys, is there any new on whether this was or is being developed, I have sent through a development request for customisation and wondering if something is already underway. Thanks Michelle

1 person likes this

Any update on this feature ....

Answer

This is currently being hold off for the next release update since it will incorporate many features related to how localized a site can be. There is no ETA yet but know that it is already in the planning stage.

Thanks for your response