Start a new topic
Answered

CKEditor

Hi,

I am trying to install CKEditor so I can use it to write articles on my directory, I have followed the installation guide and used luis's tips on this thread Alternative to TinyMCE but it isn't working. I would love some help.

Thanks 

Brillz

Best Answer

Morning / Afternoon / Evening / Spying with Binoculars to you Brillz. I did some cleaning on the code you added to the Widget (Only left what was actually needed). So here are the steps to add ckeditor and change each tinymce:

First, go to the forms that use tinymce (Toolbox -> Form Manager and select the correct form) . Now just change the class value from tinymce to ckeditor. That's it. Here are some images to guide you:

From tinymce as the image above to ckeditor on the image below:

And this is how it looks after that.

The BD system is flexible in allowing and working out of the box with ckeditor. No problems saving and retrieving the information. Hope this helps friend and like always let me know anything else.

1 person has this question

Hi Brillz, where did you add the CKEditor to your site so I can give you a helping hand with it. 

I added it to widget called "Website - Main Footer Scripts

Thanks. Going to start working on it first thing tomorrow morning. Have a good night buddy. Big hugs.

It's morning here. Lol, you have a good night
Answer

Morning / Afternoon / Evening / Spying with Binoculars to you Brillz. I did some cleaning on the code you added to the Widget (Only left what was actually needed). So here are the steps to add ckeditor and change each tinymce:

First, go to the forms that use tinymce (Toolbox -> Form Manager and select the correct form) . Now just change the class value from tinymce to ckeditor. That's it. Here are some images to guide you:

From tinymce as the image above to ckeditor on the image below:

And this is how it looks after that.

The BD system is flexible in allowing and working out of the box with ckeditor. No problems saving and retrieving the information. Hope this helps friend and like always let me know anything else.