Start a new topic
Answered

How to change the color of the home page search box

How can I change the color of the home page search box? 

(This feature is not listed in the Appearance settings).

Thank you.

Best Answer

Not like the palette for Theme Color or Title Color JT, but you could add this as a Wishlist to be worked on as a feature like that. Right now, the fastest way I can offer you is by editing any of the Widgets used in the home page and adding in the CSS box the following:

div.search_box { 
    background-color:lightgreen !important;
}

Change the lightgreen word to a Hex color like #232323 or any other color you wish to use. How about that?

Hi JT and welcome to the site. What specific color of the search box do you want to change. Could you provide an image for it so I can help you better?

Hi Luis,

In other words, is it possible to change the color of the search box by picking the color from the palette? It would be great to have that feature available in "Website Setting > Appearance > Website Appearance" like it it's available for "Theme Color" and "Homepage Title Color".

Thank you.

Answer

Not like the palette for Theme Color or Title Color JT, but you could add this as a Wishlist to be worked on as a feature like that. Right now, the fastest way I can offer you is by editing any of the Widgets used in the home page and adding in the CSS box the following:

div.search_box { 
    background-color:lightgreen !important;
}

Change the lightgreen word to a Hex color like #232323 or any other color you wish to use. How about that?

Great! Thanks Luis!