Start a new topic
Answered

Upload Photo crop tool

Can you confirm if this is a bug BD.

Ive tested it on our sites and its possible to upload any size and dimension image to a profile page, and when the upload and Crop tool window show I can simply just click save and it bypasses the ratio dimensions that I have set to 4x4 in the advanced settings

Can you confirm if this is a bug

Best Answer

Hi Jjwill, 

The photo_crop_max_width is now DEPRECATED. This was an old setting that proved to cause images for high resolution profile photos.

Now the system is able to resize images and there is now a Recrop Photo button that allows the members to recrop the photo if they cancel it.

upload 2015-04-05 at 5.06.53 pm.png

upload 2015-04-01 at 12.00.48 pm.png

Your request have been made already by other partners and is currently on queue for future implementation. We are presently focusing our resources on optimization of the software as well as solving urgent tasks.  As soon as your request has been launched/implemented we will let you know.

Thanks! :) 

1 person has this question

Confirmed JJ. Bug Ticket created. Godzilla will now kill this bug for you. Will update and let you know when the whole Bug town is destroyed.

thanks Luis, will you let us know when this bug has been squashed :) ?

Yes, this was attached to the previous PNG support for photo upload and the resize/crop features that were fixed last week, so basically I forced a high priority of it to the Dev team. They should now work on it (The work started yesterday actually with 2 devs on it). Will of course notify you when this is done.

Answer

Hi Jjwill, 

The photo_crop_max_width is now DEPRECATED. This was an old setting that proved to cause images for high resolution profile photos.

Now the system is able to resize images and there is now a Recrop Photo button that allows the members to recrop the photo if they cancel it.

upload 2015-04-05 at 5.06.53 pm.png

upload 2015-04-01 at 12.00.48 pm.png

Your request have been made already by other partners and is currently on queue for future implementation. We are presently focusing our resources on optimization of the software as well as solving urgent tasks.  As soon as your request has been launched/implemented we will let you know.

Thanks! :)