Start a new topic
Answered

Is the sitemap auto generated when a new member joins?

When a new member joins, does the sitemap get auto generated and updated. Does the sitemap automatically get submitted to Google?

Best Answer

Hi JJ, good questions. Let me address them here (Remember you can always suggest any improvements.. like the ideas you just mentioned with the Google Webmaster).

1 Does the Sitemap auto generate every time a member joins?

No, it only generates when you explicitly tell it to (Toolbox -> Sitemap Generator)

2. Does the Sitemap create a Date Based Sitemap file every time it is run?

Yes. It creates a new sitemap each time is it called. The sitemap file name includes the date it was build.

3. Does the Sitemap get automatically submitted to Google?

No. But again, you are too smart for me. This is another excellent idea to add to it.

4. Can this be improved?

Hell yeah it can. For example, you just gave several great ideas:

• Option to auto-generate the Sitemap every X amount of time (Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly, Interstellar Years) 
  • Option to always set the name of the Sitemap as the same one (This will allow for Google Webmaster to be able to always see the same File, but an updated one after the Sitemap is ran.
  • Option to Auto send Sitemap to Google (And possibly others) if the Member wishes and be submitted to this sites without the Member's need to do it manually (Which sucks btw)

Just a heads up, the Sitemap had a huge improvement about 3 months ago which solved around 30 bugs and added a couple of new, fast functions. One of which was to extend the ability for the Sitemap to be able to be adaptable in case in the future a member wanted something extra for it.

So let me know if this is good for you, if yes please create a wishlist for it so we can go ahead and work on it (And while doing that feel free to add whatever else you feel would be a good idea for it).

1 person has this question

I have just checked our 2 live sites. Both of our sites do not auto generate an updated sitemap when a new member joins.

Also we have noticed that we need to resubmit the sitemap to google webmaster each time we generate the sitemap as the new generated one has different sub sitemap names

BD, can you tell me is this the way your system works or is this a bug in our sites?

Answer

Hi JJ, good questions. Let me address them here (Remember you can always suggest any improvements.. like the ideas you just mentioned with the Google Webmaster).

1 Does the Sitemap auto generate every time a member joins?

No, it only generates when you explicitly tell it to (Toolbox -> Sitemap Generator)

2. Does the Sitemap create a Date Based Sitemap file every time it is run?

Yes. It creates a new sitemap each time is it called. The sitemap file name includes the date it was build.

3. Does the Sitemap get automatically submitted to Google?

No. But again, you are too smart for me. This is another excellent idea to add to it.

4. Can this be improved?

Hell yeah it can. For example, you just gave several great ideas:

• Option to auto-generate the Sitemap every X amount of time (Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly, Interstellar Years) 
  • Option to always set the name of the Sitemap as the same one (This will allow for Google Webmaster to be able to always see the same File, but an updated one after the Sitemap is ran.
  • Option to Auto send Sitemap to Google (And possibly others) if the Member wishes and be submitted to this sites without the Member's need to do it manually (Which sucks btw)

Just a heads up, the Sitemap had a huge improvement about 3 months ago which solved around 30 bugs and added a couple of new, fast functions. One of which was to extend the ability for the Sitemap to be able to be adaptable in case in the future a member wanted something extra for it.

So let me know if this is good for you, if yes please create a wishlist for it so we can go ahead and work on it (And while doing that feel free to add whatever else you feel would be a good idea for it).

Thanks Luis, I think this will have a big impact on search engine optimisation

The team of developers here are wordpress experts, and we use Yoast SEO plugin which takes care of the Sitemap side of things

Having something similar in BD sites would be a major bonus

Hi Luis, has there been any progress on the automated sitemap generation issue?

If so, do you have an ETA.

This is pretty important.

Hi Chris, there is no ETA. Currently am working on your sites to make sure the SEO is correct and debugging other issues to wrap all and every remaining issue you have had over the past months. When this are all complete I will return on enhancing the sitemap.

No problem Luis.That makes sense. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.