Start a new topic
Answered

Theme Change

I'm new to B.D and there are many options for site themes. (http://www.brilliantdirectories.com/resources/marketplace). How can I change one Theme to another. For example, I may like to use the linked states page and yet I may want to use the original page I was given when I first logged in. How can I make the change or do I need to ask B.D. to make the changes?

Thanks!

Lionel 

Best Answer

Hi Lionel, 

Thank you for your message. We are always happy to help our partners. 

Please follow these steps: 

**Change the Color of your theme (menu, boxes). 

Please navigate to Settings >> General Settings

Then click on "Appearance" (In this settings you can modify the theme of your site). 

For example: 

1. The Theme color
  2. Homepage Title Color
  3. Homepage Title Font
  4. Homepage Alignment (This settings change the search box alignment: left, center, right)
  5. Homepage Search Type (Map, hide the top level, etc)
  6. Search Box Alignment (vertical, horizontal)
  7. Homepage Button Color.
  8. Logo Image.
  9. Homepage Image
  10. Favicon (Little icon associated with a URL that is displayed in a browser's address bar or next to the site name in a bookmark list.)
After you customize your template please do not forget to click on "Save Settings". 

NOTE: Our recommendation is always type the name of the settings you will change, so if you want to have the same settings after the changes you will have a backup (You can use a notepad) .

Also I will recommend you to read this post where you can find the ideal size for the Homepage image depending on the search type. 

Hope this information helps and let us know if you have further questions. 

Thanks! :) 

Answer

Hi Lionel, 

Thank you for your message. We are always happy to help our partners. 

Please follow these steps: 

**Change the Color of your theme (menu, boxes). 

Please navigate to Settings >> General Settings

Then click on "Appearance" (In this settings you can modify the theme of your site). 

For example: 

1. The Theme color
  2. Homepage Title Color
  3. Homepage Title Font
  4. Homepage Alignment (This settings change the search box alignment: left, center, right)
  5. Homepage Search Type (Map, hide the top level, etc)
  6. Search Box Alignment (vertical, horizontal)
  7. Homepage Button Color.
  8. Logo Image.
  9. Homepage Image
  10. Favicon (Little icon associated with a URL that is displayed in a browser's address bar or next to the site name in a bookmark list.)
After you customize your template please do not forget to click on "Save Settings". 

NOTE: Our recommendation is always type the name of the settings you will change, so if you want to have the same settings after the changes you will have a backup (You can use a notepad) .

Also I will recommend you to read this post where you can find the ideal size for the Homepage image depending on the search type. 

Hope this information helps and let us know if you have further questions. 

Thanks! :) 

Yes this helped a lot, Thank you. But what if I wanted to run with the states link option with all the links working on my home page. I wanted to try it to see how it worked. Is this easily done?

Luana, you know if I would have only watched the video's first I would have gotten my answer. I figured it out by watching the 4th video. Thank you for your help!!

Lionel 

Hi Lionel, 

Thank you for post these questions. You can change the USA Map navigating to Settings >> General Settings >> Appearance >>Homepage Search Type >> Clickable USA Map >> Save Settings. 

Hope this information helps as the videos! 

Let me know if you have further questions. 

Yes.. Thank you!

You're welcome!! :)