Start a new topic
Answered

Home Page editing Placement of the Search Box over Hero Shot

Content -> Add/Edit Webpages -> HOME page

[widget=Big Join Box] [widget=About Website Box]

The only thing in the editor window are the two widgets that offer a bit of text editing capabilities under the Hero shot by going to the Widget manager

I'd like to access the page template. 

Area is the hero shot div layer with Search Box over it

My objective is to make the Search Box Left Aligned and add a new Div box to be Right-Aligned where I can add custom content.

This could be accomplished by manual editing the template and css file, but I suppose it could be done by adding a new Widget.

In any case, there is nothing in Solutions or the documentation about this level of Page editing.  This is simple design editing... I'm asking where to do the editing or how to get it done?

Guidance please.

Best Answer

Hi Jan, 

Please follow these instructions: 

Make the Search Box Left Aligned: Go to Settings >>  General Settings >> Appearance >> Homepage Alignment 

Add a new Div box to be Right-Aligned where I can add custom content: 

Please click on Show Widgets in the left Dashboard sidebar

Then click on the widget called: "Homepage-Hero Theme"

In this widget you can add the HTML code (Div) and then modify the CSS to display the new "div" in the right side. 

**NOTE: If you want to add a new "div" after the Big Join Box or the "about Website Box Widget", please create a new widget and then call it in the "Edit this page section" using the code [widget=name of the new widget here]

Hope this information helps and let us know if you have any question. We are always happy to help! :) 

Answer

Hi Jan, 

Please follow these instructions: 

Make the Search Box Left Aligned: Go to Settings >>  General Settings >> Appearance >> Homepage Alignment 

Add a new Div box to be Right-Aligned where I can add custom content: 

Please click on Show Widgets in the left Dashboard sidebar

Then click on the widget called: "Homepage-Hero Theme"

In this widget you can add the HTML code (Div) and then modify the CSS to display the new "div" in the right side. 

**NOTE: If you want to add a new "div" after the Big Join Box or the "about Website Box Widget", please create a new widget and then call it in the "Edit this page section" using the code [widget=name of the new widget here]

Hope this information helps and let us know if you have any question. We are always happy to help! :) 

Thank you, very much.  Luana you are doing an excellent job anwering these posts.  Going the extra mile with screenshots make all the difference in understanding.  And I sure appreciate your thoroughness.

The devil is in the details.

Almost all of the issues I see reported here are solved by understanding the Relationships between Settings and Widgets and Forms... to make a desired result happened... it is imperative to know the name of layout Widget involved.

Thanks again.  And as soon as we have some adequate documentation on widgets and settings... I'll be better able to manage on my own.

Hi Jan, 

Thank you very much for your kind words. It made my day! Please continue to post your questions, suggestions and overall feedback in our forum. We will make sure to get back to your with prompt answers. The main mission of our forum is to built a strong community where every user's input counts and the quality of your questions and answers have certainly raised the bar. 

I will asked you if you could please take 5 minutes of your valuable time to give us your honest feedback on the experience you have had so far with the software as well as our customer service (like copying and pasting your kind words ;) )  here.

This will help me personally a great deal. I thank you greatly. 

Thanks again!! :)