Start a new topic
Answered

Can we limit entry for a specific category?

I'd like to limit the listings for a specific category, namely Real Estate, to just ONE listing  (mine).

Is there a way to block any other real estate agents from signing up to my site?

Best Answer

Hi Ruth, 

If you plan on restricting categories for all members, then a possible solution would be to hide the "Listing Details" tab. This way no member could select a category, and you as the admin would have to login to assign a category for that member. 

If you are looking to restrict only certain categories, I am afraid that functionality will unlikely be developed in the near future. That request would need to be made to the marketplace. 

Please let me know if you have any questions. 

Thanks!

1 person has this question

Hi Bo, pleasure to meet you. Currently the system does not count with a specific option like the one you mention. I would recommend going to the Marketplace in order to get a customization request for it.

That way you get 2 things:

1. Get the idea implemented.

2. Get to see the code used on your own widgets in your site so you can customize them further.

Please let me know how it went and if I can give a hand later after implemented. Thanks buddy.

This would be a great feature!!!

Were ever able to solve this? 

Answer

Hi Ruth, 

If you plan on restricting categories for all members, then a possible solution would be to hide the "Listing Details" tab. This way no member could select a category, and you as the admin would have to login to assign a category for that member. 

If you are looking to restrict only certain categories, I am afraid that functionality will unlikely be developed in the near future. That request would need to be made to the marketplace. 

Please let me know if you have any questions. 

Thanks!