Start a new topic
Answered

contact form allows submission of incomplete data

I've noticed that all BD contact forms contact form allows submission of incomplete data

Can this be fixed so we don't get lots of spam.

The captcha doesn't even prevent it from being submitted

Best Answer
JJ is correct. And that form is using an internally coded Google Captcha and not the form field from the internal form under Admin Control.

ToolBox > Form Manager > My Forms - Website Contact Form
My vote is please remove the Google captcha altogether and be sure the internal Security Question is actually working. It should be working and it is not. That security question is marked Y required and Y display. There's your problem. One of your coders has hard-coded the page template. Remove it and test internal security form field is working please

NOTE to support:  This is how you can solve your real issues.  If you get in here and respond.  JJ brought this to your attention 4 days ago. 

Now, can you please tell me where the Form is located for the Send Message on the Member Listings and sidebar widgets.  These are way, way more important... they generate revenue. I want to add and modify the fields on Listing Contact Forms.

Hi JJ, can you provide an example of this. Thank you.

Yeah sure, go to one of your site contact page, such as this

http://www.interiordesignpro.org/about/contact

Put 1 letter in each line. Dont enter the captcha code. Then click submit. The message gets sent without any checks

Two types of Contact Forms in BD
1. Contact Us on top menu which goes to Site Admin. That's not what JJ is referring to.
2. Send Message on member Listing and sidebar for lead generation

I believe JJ referring is to #2

My report... The Captcha is working fine for me, leave it empty and on my site you get the Alert it must be completed - "Please correct the following errors: - Answer the security question"

Name, Email, Phone are all required too, but JJ is correct about "Additional Notes" message field. This is not required. And does not seem to be under Control of Site Admin in Admin menu. Why not?

This is the #1 Contact Us form top menu form. Message field is required on this form. And its easy for Site Admin to modify the fields and add more if needed.  I can make message field required or not in a few seconds in Form Manager

Why not for Listing Contact Forms in Listings and Sidebars?  Because it is not in Form Manager.

There are important issues with Form Manager, please see my Reported Problem that I cannot COPY a form. I'm stopped dead on creating some new membership features because that will require a new form. I cannot create a new form without knowing the current db names for the existing forms used by member features. Where's the documentation and tutorials on Forms Manager?

I understand BD is going through a new menu rollout, but there is absolutely NO documentation to help us new BD owners use the important Admin Tools such as Forms Manager. Nada.  Why not?

You guys should be working overtime to get proper documentation created and published here on the high priority areas such as Form Manager.  FORMS are central to create Membership Levels, Membership Features, and contact forms to generate income with Leads.  All Big Deal items, wouldn't you say.

Can I suggest you pull in your coders and programmers tomorrow and point them to Form Manager and let them write the documentation. Just Do It. Like Nike. 

Writing Form Manager documentation can be done in a few hours with a small group of your people.  Publish it and the BD owners can begin helping ourselves. I can't speak for everyone, but if I have  proper documenation and tutorials, I can access the proper functions in the Admin Menu and get on with my work without  support.  And of course we expect the functions will work as advertised.  and if they don't we can let you know in the "Report Problems" area where I also suggest you appoint a BD staffer person to look at Report Problems area every 2 hours on a business day. And respond immediately. Give the answer or let the person know the Problem has been escalated higher up the ladder for priority attention

I suggest that if you don't get your documentation and training completed soon, you'll bleed to death from a thousand cuts answering a gazillion smaller questions and issues in this forum and in support tickets.

You have an active group here struggling to get their sites completed. Please be receptive to this basic request to provide us with adequate documentation.  And make it priority, I cannot see how a new billing system can take precedence over basic functions like Forms

captcha doesnt work on this form http://www.interiordesignpro.org/about/contact

Answer
JJ is correct. And that form is using an internally coded Google Captcha and not the form field from the internal form under Admin Control.

My vote is please remove the Google captcha altogether and be sure the internal Security Question is actually working. It should be working and it is not. That security question is marked Y required and Y display. There's your problem. One of your coders has hard-coded the page template. Remove it and test internal security form field is working please

NOTE to support:  This is how you can solve your real issues.  If you get in here and respond.  JJ brought this to your attention 4 days ago. 

Now, can you please tell me where the Form is located for the Send Message on the Member Listings and sidebar widgets.  These are way, way more important... they generate revenue. I want to add and modify the fields on Listing Contact Forms.

Hi Jan & JJ, many thanks for not only creating the question but also working on it and giving experienced suggestions on how can this be made better. Will let the developers know right away and will give a better feedback tomorrow about it. Thanks guys.

any info on this?

thanks

Hi step, this is also part of a future release. Do not have an ETA but it includes a complete redone of the form manager (Including this issue and many other enhancements).

Hi Luis,

I have noticed on the bootstrap version that reviews don't need the security question answered either.

Regards,

Kiall