Improved "General User" Signup Process For Favorites Feature

Brilliant Directories recently made it easier to create a completely custom "General User" membership level by allow custom forms to be linked to specific membership levels. You can learn more about this by clicking here

The most common feedback our team received was related to the "favorites" feature. When a general user clicks on the "favorite" icon, there was a need to make it easier to separate the signup process for general users and members, since bringing both member and users to the same pricing page was not ideal. Now all new Brilliant Directories websites come with the following login page:

To implement this on your Bootstrap website, please follow these steps:

1. Go to TOOLBOX >> FORM MANAGER

2. Select the "Account Login" Form

3. Paste the following code in the last tab:

<hr>

<div class="col-md-6">

<a class="btn btn-danger btn-block" href="/payment/5">Not a Registered User?<span class="inline-block">Create a Free User Account »</span></a>

</div>

<div class="col-md-6">

<a href="/join" class="btn btn-success btn-block">Are You a %%%profession%%%?<span class="inline-block">List Your %Company_label% Now »</span></a>

</div>

<div class="clearfix"></div>

4. Make sure the general user link is pointing to the proper payment page. The href should be pointing to the same payment number as the subscription ID for your general user membership level. 

In this example our "General User" has the subscription ID "5":

Therefore we are pointing to: href="/payment/5">

Now when a member clicks on the "Create a free account" button they will be taken straight to the signup page rather than the pricing page that iis intended to show the various plans to your members. 

1 person likes this

Hi Patrick,

I have Bootstrap, but I don't have the "Account Login" Form.

Actually...I do have it.

Login or Signup to post a comment